Nikon Z9 - Helicon Beta - Android Tablet - Problem

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RockvilleBob

Nikon Z9 - Helicon Beta - Android Tablet - Problem

Post by RockvilleBob »

I joined the Beta program and have Helicon Remote Beta running on my old Android tablet that uses a micro USB port
I bought a Micro USB to USB C cable
Helicon Remote says no camera connected
Do I need to purchase an Android table with a USBC connector instead of using the old tablet (Micro USB) and a micro USB to USB C cable?

My current Android tablet is an inexpensive Dragon tablet - I just use it for Helicon Remote.

Can you point me to inexpensive Android tablets that work with Helicon Remote Beta?

Edited: I just ordered a Android tablet with USB C port and a USB C to USB C cable and will see if that works.

Thanks
Bob Bryer
Last edited by RockvilleBob on 16.02.2022 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
RockvilleBob

Re: Nikon Z9 - Helicon Beta - Android Tablet - Problem

Post by RockvilleBob »

Getting a new tablet with built in USB C to connect to Nikon Z9's USB C seems to have fixed this
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Bob,

The kind of connector (USB type C or micro USB) is not an important factor at all. Have you ever used your older tablet with Helicon Remote before, with other cameras? If it used to work, then it can also work with Z9 (with a micro USB OTG adapter, which is required). If you haven't used it before, then it's possible - but not likely - that this tablet doesn't support the required USB connection mode.
RockvilleBob

Post by RockvilleBob »

Thanks for the reply Catherine. While it it did work with my D500 I could not get it working with the Z9. The Android tablet is not expensive and the new one is faster.
I hope all is well with you and others in Ukraine.