REMOTE BETA - Z9 - UPLOAD PRIORITY MODE ISSUE

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RockvilleBob

REMOTE BETA - Z9 - UPLOAD PRIORITY MODE ISSUE

Post by RockvilleBob »

With an Android tablet with built in USB C I do get Helicon Remote Beta to connect to the Nikon Z9
The following appears on the screen - paraphrased: CAMERA IS IN UPLOAD PRIORITY MODE. TO EXIT UPLOAD PRIORITY MODE AND RETURN TO LIVE VIEW PRESS RELEASE SHUTTER BUTTON HALFWAY.

Do I need to press the shutter button? It seems that helicon Remote works if I do nothing.

At times the same message pops up - for example if I disconnect the USB C cable to review images and then plug the cable back.

At times it seems I have to shit everything off and restart the process. Reboot the tablet, restart Helicon remote and turn the Z9 on.

Are there menu setting in the Z9 that need to be set for Helicon Remote to work efficiently and preventing the upload priority message from re-appearing?

How can I review images that are stored in the camera without disconnecting the tablet from the camera?

Thanks
Bob Bryer
PS - I hope everyone is safe and well in the Ukraine.
Last edited by RockvilleBob on 16.02.2022 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
RockvilleBob

Re: REMOTE BETA - Z9 - UPLOAD PRIORITY MODE ISSUE

Post by RockvilleBob »

I find that I need to quit Helicon Remote Beta to review the in camera images. If I unplug the cable, as I have done in the past to disconnect the camera then the program and camera do not connect as they did in the past. In the past - Nikon D500 with Android tablet using micro USB
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Do you mean that if you unplug the cable and then plug it back in, without exiting the app, it doesn't connect to the camera the second time? If so, please reproduce this issue and send a bug report (menu - Feedback - Report a bug). If I misunderstood something, please clarify.
RockvilleBob

Post by RockvilleBob »

Yes Catherine - that is what I feel happens. I will try reproducing this and note each step I take. I was frustrated the last two times it happened and just restarted the camera and the talet. I know that exiting the program and restarting works.