nikon D850 and helicon remote Autofocus seems to focus on area different than that chosen

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
nakamisc

nikon D850 and helicon remote Autofocus seems to focus on area different than that chosen

Post by nakamisc »

nikon D850 niko 200mm macro lens or 24-70 zoom lens
Windows 10 and Windows 11
with or without stackshot connected

The autofocus appears to not be working correctly with either windows, with either lense in all combinations, w/wo stackshot connected. The autofocus seems to focus on some area other than where it is placed. The lens and camera combinations work well and focus perfectly by themselves. it is only when the camera is connected to remote helicon that there is a problem. I have noticed that when I set the focus using live view and then connect helicon remote it at first shows the chosen area in focus. when I then attempt to focus on the same location using the autofocus tool the chosen area is out of focus.
If I disconnect the helicon remote and check the placement of the focus in live view on the camera it has shifted. It would appear the autofocus tool is choosing to focus on an area different than the one over which it is placed.

Sorry for the long description. I am hoping someone has some thoughts or solutions. I have set the AF-s correctly as well as camera and lens on AF.

Thank you in advance.
Catherine

Re: nikon D850 and helicon remote Autofocus seems to focus on area different than that chosen

Post by Catherine »

That has to be an error in the software, just as you suggested. Which version of Helicon Remote are you using? It can be seen in the window title, or menu - Help - About.