Bizarre output foreground and background

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
GracieAllen

Bizarre output foreground and background

Post by GracieAllen »

This is the first time I've ever seen anything this odd. Hopefully somebody has an idea what I'm doing wrong.

PC, I9-12900, AMD 5750 XT, 64GB memory. I've tried this with HF 7.7.5 and 8.0.4. Looks the same on both.

13-image stack, captured with Helicon Remote several years ago. Runs fine, processes with no errors. But instead of the out-of-focus foreground and background being the normal soft blur, I'm getting this. I've tried smaller sets and it looks the same. I've added a couple images that are just background blur, and it still looks the same. I grabbed a screen shot showing the first image and the output.

I've tried Method B and Method C - both at their defaults. I've used the 5700 XT and tried with no OpenCL.
Is there some preference I've got set wrong that'll cause this?

c1.jpg
(303.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I ALSO ran the stack using Affinity Photo and it processed the foreground and background correctly.
Catherine

Re: Bizarre output foreground and background

Post by Catherine »

Try switching the stacking direction (Ascending - Descending). If that doesn't help, can you send us this stack for research?
It's unfortunate that you have cropped the image and we can't see whether there was a warning (red triangle) indicated for this stacking result. If there is a warning, it is likely that it is related to the issue.