Helicon remote not recognizing Nikon Z6ii

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
kat555

Helicon remote not recognizing Nikon Z6ii

Post by kat555 »

Helicon remote is saying that the Z6_2 is not a supported camera when I try to connect my computer to it wirelessly. II tried connecting my camera to my computer through usb but Helicon remote doesn't even recognize that my camera is connected even though other apps on my computer recognize it. have seen mention of a Beta version but have no idea how to obtain it.
Catherine

Re: Helicon remote not recognizing Nikon Z6ii

Post by Catherine »

The beta version is listed in the Downloads section of our website right below the older stable version. And yes, you do need the beta version for Z6 II.
kat555

Post by kat555 »

When I click on the link for the Beta version provided for IOS, while on my iPhone, it takes me to the App store to the 4.2.4 version which I already have on my phone. I can't see any mention about a Beta version.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

You said you were trying to connect the camera to a computer, not to iOS mobile device. The version 4 is the new version with support for mirrorless cameras, it's available directly from App Store on iOS - not a beta anymore.
kat555

Post by kat555 »

I have actually been trying both my computer and my iPhone.
I just updated the version on my computer and saw the note about it not being verified for Mac. I decided to try it any ways.
The updated version of Helicon remote on my Mac now recognizes the camera but I can't do anything with it other than set the front focus and back focus points. I just saw the statement "Not verified for MacOS" which may explain some of my difficulties.

When I try with my iPhone I can set the front and back focus points but it won't do anything else.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

kat555 wrote: 21.04.2022 20:06 I just saw the statement "Not verified for MacOS"
This is not a message I recognize. Can you post a screenshot if you see it again? Did your Mac have
Internet access at that time? It is required for macOS to verify the digital signature of the app, but the error message should be different if that's the problem.

You said "it won't do anything else" - I assume you pressed "Start shooting" after setting A and B points, but shooting didn't start? Please reproduce the problem, then reconnect to Internet and send a bug report from the app (menu - Feedback).