Unable to save .dng - says my Pro Lifetime license is Lite

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
GracieAllen

Unable to save .dng - says my Pro Lifetime license is Lite

Post by GracieAllen »

PC, Windows 11 Pro.
I've been using Helicon Focus for a long time, and have a Lifetime Pro License.

This has been working perfectly - render stacks, save as .dng or jpg or tif. It worked with 7.7. I updated to 8.1 and it worked perfectly there too. I did stacks LAST WEEK in 8.1, and I have hundreds of stacks saved in .dng format.

Today, I did the same thing - ordinary, 6-image stack, went through 8.1 and this time it failed telling me This is a Pro version feature. I looked at the license and it says I have a Lifetime Lite License, NOT a Pro license.

Last week I had a Pro license, and I JUST ran a stack on my laptop and IT SAYS I have a lifetime Pro license.

I re-registered the software.
I uninstalled 8.1 and reinstalled it. Same result.

How do I get Helicon Focus back to recognizing my Pro license? And BTW, when I did the upgrade several years ago, the license key didn't change, it just told me it was a Pro license. What do now?

I just sent an email to support. The first time it said it failed. The second time it said it went through. Hopefully somebody can fix this 'cause I need the software working and able to save .dng files.
BobStone

Re: Unable to save .dng - says my Pro Lifetime license is Lite

Post by BobStone »

HeliconSoft is in the Ukraine so there may be a bit of a delay in getting a response...
GracieAllen

Re: Unable to save .dng - says my Pro Lifetime license is Lite

Post by GracieAllen »

Fortunately, I heard from Catherine last night, and did the off-line registration. It's not much harder, and only a bit slower than the online registration and my desktop is back to being a Pro Unlimited user...

Which is good 'cause tomorrow night I've got to talk about going from Lightroom to 3rd party programs (among other things) and Helicon Focus is one of the one's that was asked about.