No OpenCL Support with GeForce GTX1050

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
NIKPOT

No OpenCL Support with GeForce GTX1050

Post by NIKPOT »

Hello,
I am asking this question here as I cannot use OpenCL hardware acceleration with Helicon Focus Pro. I am using the graphics card "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050" (Full size, not the mobile one) and the latest Helicon Focus Pro version "8.1.0". For the graphics card I have already manually installed the two currently available drivers from the manufacturer page. So I tried the "Game Ready Driver" form 04.05.22 as well as the "Studio Driver" from 20.04.22. However, it is not possible to set the OpenCl-Option within Helicon, as the option is not shown in the selection menu under "Performance".

Does anyone have any advice on what else I can try?

Thanks and with kind regards, NIKPOT.
Catherine

Re: No OpenCL Support with GeForce GTX1050

Post by Catherine »

Hello, is your GTX 1050 a 2 GB model?
NIKPOT

Post by NIKPOT »

Hi,
yes, its dedicated memory is 2 GB. If this model is too weak, i can switch to a larger card. Any recommendations on what specs to look for?

Thanks NIKPOT
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi, we have just updated Helicon Focus with a fix for this issue - please download and install the new version: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.exe

2 GB is a marginal amount of memory, it's the smallest supported amount and it may or may not be enough depending on what kinds of stacks you're rendering. But it's not why you couldn't activate OpenCL - that was a software issue due to recent changes in the Nvidia drivers.
NIKPOT

Post by NIKPOT »

Cool, I just tried the version you recomment and it works quite well. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply :wink: