Unable to allocate memory during Save...

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
GracieAllen

Unable to allocate memory during Save...

Post by GracieAllen »

Windows PC, 64GB memory, i9-12900 processor, AMD 5700XT, Windows 11 Pro.

This used to happen with the old system when I only had 32 GB of memory.

Today it happened with the NEW system, with 64GB, but in a DIFFERENT way. In the past it would hang during the rendering - complaining it couldn't allocate some amount of memory. Now it goes through the rendering fine, I go to Save, Save, then Helicon hangs trying to allocate 10.86 MB of memory - yes, 10 MB... WORSE, there's NO WAY to get it to stop demanding the 10MB. I'm forced to go into the Task Manager and crash Helicon Focus.

At the moment, there's very little up on the system - it's using about 28GB, up to about 34 depending on what I'm doing in Lightroom... And at the MOMENT, Helicon Focus is the biggest user with about 8.3GB - it rendered 18, 45 megapixel, D850 images - which I've been doing for the last 2 days on anywhere from 11 to 28 images - at least two DOZEN image sets. This is the second time it's happened, both on THIS set of images...

I can reboot the system and fix it, but EVENTUALLY it'll happen again.

Is there a preference I can change to eliminate this problem?
Catherine

Re: Unable to allocate memory during Save...

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

Is Helicon Focus responsive after the error occurs, can you send a bug report (menu - Help - Contact support)? If you can - please do that.
GracieAllen

Re: Unable to allocate memory during Save...

Post by GracieAllen »

Yes, it's still responsive, but I'm unable to do any further processing.

The next time it happens I'll try to send a bug report.