Canon 7D

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Delboy ph

Canon 7D

Post by Delboy ph »

Hi, I have been using Helicon for about 2 years. Today I upgraded to the latest copy of Helicon Remote. Halfway through the stack, everything stopped.
When I disconnected the 7D I now have an error message that reads ERR70
AN ERROR PREVENTED SHOOTING. TURN THE CAMERA OFF AND ON AGAIN OR REINSTALL THE BATTERY AGAIN.
I have and I still get the error message. After talking to a Canon repair man it appears this software has stuffed my 7D big time.
There is nowhere on the software site warning of this and the 7D is listed as a compatible camera.
Has anyone else experienced this I am well and truly annoyed if I have to fork to have the camera fixed, that is if it can be fixed?
Delboy ph

Re: Canon 7D

Post by Delboy ph »

The good news is that I managed to fix the problem. If anyone has this problem Try switching on and off until you can get Set up options by pressing the Menu button. then go to "clear all camera settings" and hopefully it will fire up OK.
Last edited by Delboy ph on 07.07.2022 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hello, we're sorry about the trouble and very happy to hear you've managed to fix the camera. And thanks a lot for explaining how to fix the problem, hopefully no one else will need it but it's very good to know.
Can you please tell which version of Helicon Remote you've been using when this happened? You can see the version in the window title on Windows / Mac, or in menu - About on Android / iOS.
Borisovich

Post by Borisovich »

Аналогічна проблема на Canon 7D. Камера зараз у сервісі. Перспективи туманні.