Helicon remote and windows 10

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
shirleypix

Helicon remote and windows 10

Post by shirleypix »

As per denisg - exactly the same.

I installed Helicon Remote ver 4.3.0 yesterday and have spent a happy 10 hours trying to get the software to work. I have followed all instructions to the letter including settings for the camera body and the PC. I have removed all Canon EOS Utilities and used several cables but with no success.

My process has been to run Helicon Remote and turn on the camera. The main 'live view' screen shows the subject my camera can see and the histogram seems to be working. However, the menu - Toggle Live View, Fast Preview etc. is grayed out. When I close the software or try to shutdown my camera I see a wheel marked 'saving image' running on the camera. The only way to get rid of this is to disconnect the usb cable.

I have raised a bug request and I hope help is on the way.
BStrauss3

Re: Helicon remote and windows 10

Post by BStrauss3 »

Late to the party, but I took your hint and stopped running the Live View option of the Canon Utility (I haven't uninstalled it, but that's next), letting Helicon Remote do it all. That worked on Win11. Off to try my Win10 VM...

Looks like that fixed it...

I also updated the firmware because I was seeing a weird wiggle. The rail would move and then return back to the original value before the shot.
Catherine

Re: Helicon remote and windows 10

Post by Catherine »

You absolutely cannot have EOS Utility, or any other camera-related program, running at the same time as Helicon Remote. It's a sure way to get random and incomprehensible errors.

Assuming your rail is Stackshot: to fix the wiggle, turn off the "Auto-return" option in the Stackshot control box settings.