Some files were not saved...

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
solde_heli

Some files were not saved...

Post by solde_heli »

I process all the stacks in a folder and at the end I use "save all" to save the stacks in the same source folder.

So I get a message "some files were not saved because of exceptions"... and the following message "1 files saved" when I had 2 stacks to save.

But when I examine the hard disk, all the stacks are correctly saved there!!! It's no bigger problem than a wrong message.
Catherine

Re: Some files were not saved...

Post by Catherine »

Please send us a bug report the next time it happens (menu - Help - Contact support). More likely than not there was some problem, possibly with transferring metadata from the source file into the result. So the image is there, but its EXIF data might be empty.
solde_heli

Post by solde_heli »

Well, I'm a strange guy who never connect my PC to the Internet (maybe that's why they work for many years without problems) so I can't send a Report. Anyway, it happens to me every time I save. As I said, it's not a problem, it actually saves all the images.

Maybe it's that since I'm not connected to the Internet, I don't have the updated version of Helicon focus. I am using version 8.0.1 and maybe there is a later version. But it works and does everything I expect, fast and well.

A small suggestion, although perhaps I should open a new thread for it: When I save a single result in the output bar, it would be useful if by default the window that was opened was the one of the origin of the photos for the stack. We would save time browsing every time. Once again, I can live perfectly as it works now, anyway.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

1. You can click "Contact support" and see the contents of the program's log. You can then copy it to clipboard, save to a file (e. g. on a USB stick) and send us from a different computer or from a mobile phone.

There is a newer version, 8.2.0. Version 8.0.1 is quite old by now and many issues have been fixed since then, but it's hard to say if the one you've encountered is among them. Let's see what the problem is first.

2. Try the "Save all" function (Ctrl + Shift + S), it has the option you're looking for.
solde_heli

Post by solde_heli »

2. Try the "Save all" function (Ctrl + Shift + S), it has the option you're looking for.

I use it ever :wink: