Helicon Focus temp files?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
waldenk

Helicon Focus temp files?

Post by waldenk »

Does anyone know if HF creates any .tmp files which need to be periodically cleaned up?
I’ve found that, on my Win11 system, HF runs blindingly fast… if I’ve launched HF immediately after a OS reboot.
However, after a few large stacks (300 approx large .nef files)… HF seems to run significantly slower…or even halt.
Again, a system re-boot seems to resolve.
This is just a theory at this point…but do any Win11 pros know if I should be manually cleaning up any OS or HF temp files?
I have plenty of system memory, and a 12th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU in a Serpent Canyon NUC.
When all is well, the system stacks 200 large .nef files, HF method C1, in less than 5 mins… excellent HF and HW performance.
Thanks….
Catherine

Re: Helicon Focus temp files?

Post by Catherine »

No, there is nothing that you have to cleanup manually. Helicon Focus does create temporary files, but it deletes them every time you exit Helicon Focus, and every time you start it (just in case, to make sure there is no garbage left taking space on your disk).

Most likely, the slowdown is caused by low amount of free memory (RAM) left after processing a lot of files. Rebooting Windows should not be necessary to fix this, restarting Helicon Focus should be enough, have you tried that?
Send a bug report (menu - Help - Contact support) after it slows down and we'll take a look at what's going on.
waldenk

Re: Helicon Focus temp files?

Post by waldenk »

thank you very much, catherine… will do.