Are Helicon Products Compatible with Windows 7?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
marceppy

Are Helicon Products Compatible with Windows 7?

Post by marceppy »

I see where my camera is compatible with some of the products but no sure my Windows 7 will support Helicon Focus. I recently upgraded the hard dive to SSD and have maximum ram for the system. The graphic card is Adapter Description NVIDIA Quadro FX 580. The system works well with Zerene.

Any information is much appreciated.
Catherine

Re: Are Helicon Products Compatible with Windows 7?

Post by Catherine »

Yes, the latest version of HF is compatible with Win 7. You are welcome to install it from our website: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/
OpenCl hardware acceleration will not work on this GPU, but processing will run fine on CPU on this system.
marceppy

Post by marceppy »

Thank you for the reply. Please explain what "OpenCl hardware acceleration will not work on this GPU, but processing will run fine on CPU on this system" means. Im not that great of a computer person .. OpenCL hardware acceleration .. ??

Thanks so much
marceppy

Post by marceppy »

Is the OpenCl hardware an option to use in Helicon Soft. If so, I undersand.
Also, we have another Win 7 system that has a NVDIA Quadro NVS420 graphic card, would it work better on that system?
Lastly, if Helicon Soft is purchased, can the same software be used on both computers?

Thank you so much for your time.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Yes, hardware acceleration is an option to do most of the calculations using your GPU instead of a CPU. GPUs are usually much faster. But both GPU models you've mentioned are very old (2009) and we can't support them. So whichever PC has a faster CPU and more RAM will be better.

Note that all recent versions of Helicon Focus only support 64-bit versions of Windows. We can provide an old version for 32-bit systems, but then you could be in trouble because a 32-bit program cannot use more than 2 GB of RAM, and that's a very small amount by modern standards. You will be limited in the resolution of images you can process - larger images will simply not fit in 2 GB.
This is also why we can't support your GPU even if we tried hard - it only has 512 MB of on-board video memory, that's way too little for anything.

You can use your license on up to 4 computers.