EOS R5

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
James_V

EOS R5

Post by James_V »

Good morning, greetings from the UK, I hope you're all safe and healthy.

I've been a Helicon Remote / Focus user for years and it's served me brilliantly, but recently I've been having issues with Helicon Remote and my EOS R5.

I set the start focus point and the end focus point as usual, but when the software starts shooting the stack it immediately goes to the wrong start point. If afterwards I press the arrow to return to the start, or end point, the points that it goes to are not what I set. I also tried the beta software mentioned elsewhere on this forum and the problem still exists.

I've tried the same on my 5D MkIII / 100mm Macro f2.8L setup and that works fine, no problems at all.

2021 MacBook Pro / M1 Pro
Mac Montery 12.6
Helicon Remote 4.3.1 M
EOS R5 Firmware 16.0
Lens RF 100mm Macro f2.8L

Thanks for your help,

James
Catherine

Re: EOS R5

Post by Catherine »

Hello James,

please reproduce the issue and submit a bug report: menu Help->Report a bug.

We will check the tech data and will be back in touch with you shortly.
James_V

Post by James_V »

Thanks for your response. I've now sent a bug report from Helicon Remote.

Kind regards,

James
James_V

Post by James_V »

After submitting a bug report, Alex from Helicon contacted me, and rather embarrassingly I realised that despite being in single shot mode I'd left face detection on, which seems to have been the issue.

No bug, just user error.

Thanks to the team for prompt tech support.

James
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi James,

That is a subtle problem, not embarrassing at all and I wouldn't call it a user error. I'm not even sure we mention this in the user guide. We ourselves don't know all the combinations of settings that could cause problems, we only know those we encountered.

We will look into the possibility of warning about face detection automatically. Thanks for letting us know this was the issue!