Deep focus experiments
Posted: 19.12.2022 17:19
I mainly/totally use Helicon for deep focus bracketing, ie of landscapes etc. That is not macro 
Full disclosure I also have other focus stacking software, eg Zerene and, of course, Photoshop.
My most recent experiments are with a Laowa 15mm macro, where my closest object is very close, and I’m focus bracketing to infinity.
The focus breathing on the 15mm is large and I’m guessing this is my problem in Helicon, ie it can’t cope with the alignment between images.
When I try in Zerene I have the same problem, eg clear ghosting and poor alignment
Whereas in Photoshop, although I may need to make local repairs, the overall stacking is better than Helicon or Zerene.
I wonder if others had any experience of deep focus, non macro, stacking; ie with lots of focus breathing.
Full disclosure I also have other focus stacking software, eg Zerene and, of course, Photoshop.
My most recent experiments are with a Laowa 15mm macro, where my closest object is very close, and I’m focus bracketing to infinity.
The focus breathing on the 15mm is large and I’m guessing this is my problem in Helicon, ie it can’t cope with the alignment between images.
When I try in Zerene I have the same problem, eg clear ghosting and poor alignment
Whereas in Photoshop, although I may need to make local repairs, the overall stacking is better than Helicon or Zerene.
I wonder if others had any experience of deep focus, non macro, stacking; ie with lots of focus breathing.