HR as Default app on Android 13

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RichJ

HR as Default app on Android 13

Post by RichJ »

I just upgraded my tablet to a Samsung S6 Lite. On connecting the camera (D850) a menu pops up to choose an app to open it. HR is not on the list.

I see no way in the Apps menu to make HR the default for a camera (USB connx).

I have to close the pop-up and select HR, then give it permission to access the camera. It would be better if this was a permanent setting (not every time it is used). Is there a way to do this?

Richard
Catherine

Re: HR as Default app on Android 13

Post by Catherine »

Hi Richard,

We have deliberately disabled this feature because it significantly lessens the odds of a software conflict with other camera-related apps. Which was the most common reason for Helicon Remote malfunctions on Android. We will add Helicon Remote to the list in the future if the situation improves.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Catherine, can this also be achieved if HR is in the pop-up list?

Not having it there adds what should be 2 unnecessary steps.

Best wishes for the New Year, may it be better than 2022.

Richard
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks Richard, happy New Year and best wishes to you!

I do understand that it adds extra steps, but the problem is that if Helicon Remote is on the list, it is also possible to tick the checkbox to "Always open this app for this camera". And enabling that invites problems, unfortunately.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Catherine,

HR is not in the list. When I dismiss the list and open HR the pop-up says "check here to always open...". I have done so but it still appears every time.

Richard