delete source files and folders?

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
sobradner

delete source files and folders?

Post by sobradner »

why does Focus delete the folder containing the source files when you exit?
Catherine

Re: delete source files and folders?

Post by Catherine »

It does not delete anything other than its private temporary working folder. Please describe the problem in more details - where are your source images located? Are you exporting from Lightroom or Capture One?
sobradner

Post by sobradner »

I run Helicon Remote on my laptop - it produces a folder with a name like "2023.01.03_001"
I then use a thumb drive to transfer the folder to my desktop machine )a much more powerful machine) - if I put the folder in ~/Downloads
before I start Helicon Focus the folder is deleted during the Focus startup

if I transfer the folder into ~/Downloads after I start Focus then drag & drop the files in the folder into Focus all works fine until
I exit Focus at which time Focus removes the folder during its exit process

so it seems that Focus is seeing the folder as its "private temporary working folder" even though Focus did not create the folder or the files
in it

changing the folder name to "foo-2023.01.03_001" does not change the behavior, and changing the folder name to "foo" does not change the
behavior, in both cases the folder is removed by Focus when it starts up

Scott
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sounds like you have changed the default cache folder in a very dangerous way. Go to the Helicon Focus menu - Preferences - Performance, and make sure that the path specified for the "Disk cache folder" has a unique sub-folder, not just "~/Downloads" because that will wipe the entire folder just as you've described.
sobradner

Post by sobradner »

that fixed the issues - thanks

Scott