Helicon Remote and Windows 11

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
JohandeWit

Helicon Remote and Windows 11

Post by JohandeWit »

I'm a new user of this software. Testing it in trail mode still. Glad I haven't bought it yet.

I installed Helicon Remote ver 4.3.1 this afternoon and have spent a happy hour trying to get the software to work. And it did, for a while. I managed to create some focus stacks with my EOS R. But all of a sudden it didn't want to do that anymore. I think it stopped after I played a bit with the burst shooting option.

My process has been to run Helicon Remote and turn on the camera. The main 'live view' screen shows the subject my camera can see and the histogram seems to be working.
However, at present the menu, all items, (like Toggle Live View, Fast Preview etc.) is grayed out. Except the Helicon Focus button. Also all the fields on the right are not responsive anymore.
When I close the software or try to shutdown my camera I see a wheel marked 'saving image' running on the camera. The only way to get rid of this is to disconnect the usb cable.

As mentioned it did work before. I tried everything from restarting the PC, re-installing Helicon, power cyling my EOS R etc.
For your info I have not any Canon software installed next to Helicon remote.

Please advice!

Regards,
Johan
Catherine

Re: Helicon Remote and Windows 11

Post by Catherine »

Hello Johan,

Please send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) while Helicon Remote is in this state (buttons grayed out).
JohandeWit

Re: Helicon Remote and Windows 11

Post by JohandeWit »

Ok just filed a bug report