Sony A9

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
eugenik

Sony A9

Post by eugenik »

Will the Helicon Remote work with the Sony A9 camera?
Well thank you.
Catherine

Re: Sony A9

Post by Catherine »

The original A9 - probably not. A9 II - maybe.
eugenik

Post by eugenik »

I hope you will reconsider the situation and the answer will probably be yes for A9 as well. After all, there is no huge difference between A9 and A9II. Except for the price.
I purchased the Helicon Remote and now it is useless to me. Can I return it to you?
well thank you
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We want to support every camera model, the only problem is whether it's technically possible, and we're guessing A9 I may not have the necessary remote control functions.
Do you already have this camera? If you do - let's give it a try. We will make a version of Helicon Remote that will detect the A9 and will send you a link to that new version in a private message. Are you using Windows or Mac?
eugenik

Post by eugenik »

Yes, I own a sony a9 camera with firmware 6.00. I use Windows 10 Pro - 22H2.
well thank you
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Before we begin: is this camera supported by the free Sony Imaging Edge remote control software? Does it show live view, and does it allow focus adjustment in steps?
eugenik

Post by eugenik »

1. sony image edge......supports
2. live view...............supports
3. focus in steps.........not supported
Ďakujem
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you! So it has some remote control capabilities, but automated focus bracketing is not possible, which is the primary function for Helicon Remote.
eugenik

Post by eugenik »

Yes, settings are possible. Image edge only offers manual focus, but not with the A9. The manual focus control is gray-inactive. Focusing is possible e.g. using the RMT-P1BT. Each time you press the controller, the camera focuses a little further. Control is performed in this case via WIFI. But there is no live preview and refocusing is done manually by pressing the control button.
Ďakujem.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I'm not sure that RMT-P1BT will even work while the camera is simultaneously connected via USB and remote control with live view streaming is active. You can try that with the Sony software. And overall, there's little sense for us to support this camera since the Sony software already provides all the possible functions.
eugenik

Post by eugenik »

RMT together with image edge software works. The only thing is that you cannot automate the process like remote helicon does. Since I bought it together with the Helicon Focus, I wanted to use it as well. But what. I'm selling the software, it's useless to me anyway. If it works on the A9II, it must also work on the A9. By the way, the RMT uses Bluetooth. No wifi.
I am disappointed.
Ivan
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We don't know whether or not focus control is supported by A9 II, but you have confirmed yourself that it isn't by your A9, otherwise this function would be available in the Sony Imaging Edge software.