General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
playlimited

Unable to capture pictures Nikon Z9

Post by playlimited »

Camera: Nikon Z9 FW: 3.01
Computer: Apple MacBook Pro M1 macOS 12.6.3

Helicon Remote 4.3.1

Hi,

I recently bought a new Nikon Z9. Today I wanted to take some shots using Helicon Remote like I always did in the past with my old cameras.
The first problem that occurs, is that the camera detection is more or less sporadic. Sometimes the camera gets detected right away, sometimes it connect only after some time and sometimes it is connecting only to be shown as disconnected a few seconds later. Already tried different cables (all cables Tether Pro USB-C to USB-C) with no different result.

If I manage to somehow get a stable connection, the next problem occurs:
Hitting the "Take Picture" button (Command + T on my keyboard) in the top row does absolutely nothing. Hitting Command + S to start the capture series also does absolutely nothing at all. No picture will be taken either way.

Just for your information:
I can start LiveView and I can also focus the lens with Helicon Remote, I can select my closest and my furthest focus points without a problem. Just actually capturing a picture doesn't want to work.
I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong here or what I am missing.
I am a little desperate right now.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Catherine

Re: Unable to capture pictures Nikon Z9

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

Do you have the USB cable that came with the camera? If you do, please try that one. Or any generic USB C to USB A cable.
Also, please make sure that no other camera-related programs are running. Connect the camera first, close any pop-ups, completely exit any programs that can detect the camera (Photos, Lightroom, Capture One etc.), and only then run Helicon Remote.

Send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) if something still doesn't work. The camera not being detected and photos not being taken might be different unrelated problems, please send a separate report after each one occurs.