Helicon Remote multiple bugs

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ihfihf

Helicon Remote multiple bugs

Post by ihfihf »

I have a D850, 4.3.1 on Ventura 13.1 and I can only change camera settings (ISO, speed, etc) from the program, but not from the camera. The version I had before 4.3.1 did allow me to change from the camera. Also, when I change the keyboard shortcuts, they don't save. I appreciate your help!
Catherine

Re: Helicon Remote multiple bugs

Post by Catherine »

The camera body controls are locked whenever live view is on. Turn live view OFF in Helicon Remote to be able to use the physical controls on the camera.
We'll look into the shortcuts, thanks for letting us know about the problem!
ihfihf

Post by ihfihf »

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your reply. I turned off live view on my camera and the settings won't change anyway. Also, on previous versions it did work with live view on.

- Is there a reason why you removed this functionality?
- Where can I find previous versions of the app for download? This new limitation is very counterintuitive in my scenario, at least. It has slowed down my process considerably and I just renewed my subscription so it's hard to imagine one more year with this limitation. I hope you understand!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Please try this older (but tried and true) version and let us know if this is what you are looking for: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/H ... 3.9.12.dmg

The camera itself decides when to enable the physical controls and when to lock them, it's not something we control directly. But they should work with live view off, we'll look into that.
It's possible that you've had an older beta version of Helicon Remote that didn't enable remote control correctly, so the camera controls were available, but also half the functions didn't work.
ihfihf

Post by ihfihf »

Yes! It works now exactly as expected. I can immediately try multiple settings combinations without having to click on the interface drop-downs and the custom shortcuts do save. Although, this version doesn't have dark mode interface like the one I was using, so if you have that one then it'd be perfect!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sorry, no, this old version only exists with the default Windows interface style, which is light.