Live view image upside down

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
akiecker

Live view image upside down

Post by akiecker »

New camera, lots of questions, but lets start simple. I finally got Helicon Remote to connect to my Z7ii with USB. Why is the is the preview upside down? It is correct on the back of the camera.
Catherine

Re: Nikon Z7ii

Post by Catherine »

Check the Preferences - Interface - Live view rotation, set it to "Auto" (which is the default).
akiecker

Re: Nikon Z7ii

Post by akiecker »

Thanks Catherine! Although that wasn't the problem, you did point me to the screen that allowed me to fix the problem. I was unaware of this screen and all the options that were available. Here is how I have it set now:

Live View Rotation - Auto
Flip image horizontally - No
Flip Image vertically - No

Somehow the Flip Image Vertically had been set to Yes. I do not know how this happened, but the display now is correct.

Can we change the title of this post to something more descriptive, such as "Upside Down Image". This would make it more useful for people scanning through posts.

Thanks.
Catherine

Re: Live view image upside down

Post by Catherine »

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was, and I'm glad to hear you fixed it! I forgot about the "flip" options myself.
And it's a great idea to edit the topic title, I just did that. Descriptive titles go a long way towards being useful to other people who might find the topic in the future.

P. S. You mentioned that you've had lots of questions, I'll be happy to answer if you still have any.