Page 1 of 1

iPAD wireless connection to Nikon Z9

Posted: 22.03.2023 18:00
by RockvilleBob
I am having trouble connecting Helicon Remote on my iPAD to my Nikon Z9 for shooting HDR.
I am trying to use the Z9's internal WiFi network capability and it gets disconnected
If WiFi is the way to do this can you let me know the steps?
What I am doing is setting up a wifi network in the Z9 and linking it to my iPAD in settings.
I do get a connection
Somehow when I go to Helicon Remote that connection goes away and another LAN is used.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Re: iPAD wireless connection to Nikon Z9

Posted: 22.03.2023 18:29
by Catherine
There is an option in iOS to prefer Wi-Fi with Internet connectivity. Since the camera does not provide Internet, this option - when enabled - will switch to another Wi-Fi network. Make sure this feature is off.

Re: iPAD wireless connection to Nikon Z9

Posted: 23.03.2023 18:57
by RockvilleBob
Thank you Catherine. I appreciate the help.