Canon 80D and IOS crashes

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
MikeFaulkner

Canon 80D and IOS crashes

Post by MikeFaulkner »

Hi.

Got a problem with my Helicon Remote.

I am having constant crashes while linking my IOS devices (Both iPad mini 6, and iPhone 13 using the latest software) I am connecting to my Canon EOS 80D via USB cable (but also crashes using WiFi.). There is no error code displayed, it just shuts down and I have to restart whatever I was doing.

I cant find a connection between an operation and the crash, it seems to be at random times.

Help!
Catherine

Re: Canon 80D and IOS crashes

Post by Catherine »

Hi,

Sorry about this problem, I understand that the app is unusable for you when it crashes all the time. We are working on the new version of the app as fast as we can and it should be released soon. It addresses many issues, and likely this one as well.
MikeFaulkner

Post by MikeFaulkner »

Ok, hopefully soon.
MikeFaulkner

Post by MikeFaulkner »

Some further information; As well as frequent crashes, I have noticed Helicon Remote sometimes reverts my Camera Picture format to Small Raw from Raw! Really looking forward to the update!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We will look into this. It ends up in Small raw because the app crashes mid-process before it can restore the original format, but but we should never switch to small raw in the first place. What's the model of your camera?
MikeFaulkner

Post by MikeFaulkner »

Hi Catherine.

It's the Canon EOS 80D.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Mike,

Oh, right, you mentioned it earlier. Thanks, we'll see what's up with that.