Photo file numbers changed

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
talgalt

Photo file numbers changed

Post by talgalt »

I have "drag and drop" importing pictures from Photos on a Macbook Air into Helicon. Sometimes the original file number for the photos is retained, but sometimes there are new file names, and when this happens, I often get the error message: "Please check that the images are shot in consecutive order..." I suspect that this is happening because Heliconsoft is changing the file numbers and then processes them out of order. Does this happen to others?

I have attached two screenshots, one with the new file numbers, and one with the original numbers.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.00.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.00.07 AM.png (222.09 KiB) Viewed 7374 times
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.00.35 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 8.00.35 AM.png (159.74 KiB) Viewed 7374 times
Catherine

Re: Photo file numbers changed

Post by Catherine »

No, we never change the file names or modify your original files in any other way. Note that the first example shows semi-random names, while the second is file names assigned from the camera. It's Photos doing that, the question is why the difference. If you're trying to drag and drop the images directly from the camera storage, I'm not sure that it does what you expect it to do. Copy the photos to your local drive first (or your network drive, external drive etc. - doesn't matter as long as it's not the camera itself), and then open the photos in Helicon Focus.