Version 4.4.4 PB stacking (Trinamic, Nikon 7100)

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
clav0

Version 4.4.4 PB stacking (Trinamic, Nikon 7100)

Post by clav0 »

Good morning
Under Windows 10, Trinamic engine, Nikon 7100
I have just encountered a bug in the Helicon Remote 4.4.4 version that I have just installed
The Nikon 7100 camera and the Trinamic engine are well detected.
High and low points are well recorded.
I start the stacking, the first photo is taken, the motor takes a step forward and everything freezes.
I don't have this problem when doing the same manipulations in version 4.3.1.
Impossible to test versions 4.4.3 and 4.4.1 because it is impossible to download these versions.
Fortunately I kept version 4.3.1 to go back! No possibility of going back on your site to download previous version, this seems unacceptable to me!!!
Sincerely
Claude
Catherine

Re: Version 4.4.4 PB stacking (Trinamic, Nikon 7100)

Post by Catherine »

Hello Claude,

Thanks for also submitting a bug report from Helicon Remote. We have studied it, but it is, unfortunately, unclear what the problem might be. We'll keep an eye out for this issue.
P. S. All the previous versions of Helicon Remote and Helicon Focus are archived on our website, we just don't want to clutter the Downloads page. They are freely available on demand.
clav0

Post by clav0 »

Hi,
To give you an additional clue I use the old Trinamic version with the TMCM110 controller.
With the old version of HR 3.9.1 everything works perfectly, only the automatic link with the new versions of Helicon Focus is refused.
With version 4.4.4 of Helicon Remote, impossible to work, still the bug we launch the stacking, it takes a photo, the motor increments by one step and everything freezes.
With version HR 4.3.1 from time to time bugs prevent operation such as: impossible to increment the high or low point, the motor turns on each step request but the step counter on the software does not increment and it indicates that the high and low points are the same (0)?
By stopping and restarting Helicon Remote 4.3.1 you can restore the operational functions.
Best Regards
Claude
mrose

Post by mrose »

Catherine, I think making older versions easily available wouldn't clutter up the download page as just one link is required and could make life easier. Another photo software I use has this link under their curent version:
"Older Downloads (click to view)"