Page 1 of 1

4x5 scanbacks - Any program limits?

Posted: 08.07.2008 08:42
by phero66
Hello,

I have used Helicon Focus on and off for 2 years with a Canon 5D and loved it. Soon I will be using a 4x5 camera with a Betterlight 6E-HS (6000x8000 px) scanback. How would heliconfocus handle such large files?

I also have the option of going medium format with a PhaseOne P30+ but I would perfer to use the scanback.

Thanks,

-John

Posted: 09.07.2008 13:24
by Dan Kozub
We tested Helicon Focus with 70Mp images so you should not have resolution problems. Of course you will need 4Gb of RAM to process such files.

Posted: 12.07.2008 02:51
by snickgrr
BetterLights are what..like 300MB per file? I shoot with an Leaf A75 that produces a 192 MB file and I have not had any problems with this software and a stack of ten files. It takes a few minutes but it hasn't crashed yet. I'm on a Mac.

Posted: 14.07.2008 05:41
by phero66
Ok thanks for the info and Ram requirements!

Posted: 14.07.2008 14:00
by Dan Kozub
We tested big images with 4Gb of memory. You can activate memory saving mode if you have less memory. The more memory you have the faster it works.

300Mb tiff = 50 MPixel at 16 bit per channel, 192Mb = 32 MPixel