Scaling a stack when shooting with lens shift
Posted: 26.09.2024 10:55
I shoot in two ways.
1. With a macro lens with internal refocusing. In this case, distant frames have a smaller scale. Everything is fine here.
2. By shifting the lens and camera using macro rails. In this case, distant frames have the same scale as the near ones. I would like to avoid cutting off the edges of the near frames. Attached are photos: the first (near) frame of the stack, the last, the result (method C). It is noticeable that the left part of the petal is heavily cut off, and the empty space above the flower has disappeared (it is artistically important).
I would suggest enlarging the near frames. The result will have a larger width and height than the original, but we will avoid losses.
1. With a macro lens with internal refocusing. In this case, distant frames have a smaller scale. Everything is fine here.
2. By shifting the lens and camera using macro rails. In this case, distant frames have the same scale as the near ones. I would like to avoid cutting off the edges of the near frames. Attached are photos: the first (near) frame of the stack, the last, the result (method C). It is noticeable that the left part of the petal is heavily cut off, and the empty space above the flower has disappeared (it is artistically important).
I would suggest enlarging the near frames. The result will have a larger width and height than the original, but we will avoid losses.