Page 1 of 1
Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 25.10.2025 14:19
by Bjoern
Dear all,
do you have any experience on the compatibility of the current release of HeliconFocus with macOS 26.x (Tahoe). I'd like to upgrade my Mac, but HF is an essential tool for my photography.
Thanks,
Björn
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 25.10.2025 14:44
by Catherine
Dear Björn,
There are no known issues on macOS 26.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 26.10.2025 20:22
by Bjoern
Hi Catherine,
great. Then I can update without worries.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 20.01.2026 13:20
by Pieter
Hi Catherine,
I do exually experience a problem in MacOS Tahoe 26.2.
When saving a rendered file the keyboard shortcut command+v to paste a name in the naming field is not working. Command+c, copy from a different program is working but not the paste part in Helicon Focus. I just discovered this yesterday and I can't reproduce this in other programs. Right-click and select paste is working so it's not a big problem but it can be a bit annoying.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 20.01.2026 13:22
by Catherine
This is not a new issue, it existed forever on all macOS versions. Right-click - Paste (or Copy) from the context menu instead of the keyboard. The issue is with the 3rd-party component we're using, we can't fix it.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 20.01.2026 13:26
by Pieter
Ah ok. Then apparently never used it before
Good to know that it's not related to an updated OS.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 23.01.2026 06:35
by fe17k
Hello, I am a new user, just downloaded the version on for Mac. I am currently running on an M4 Max with MacOs 26. I was able to enable OpenCL hardware acceleration, but the CPU part of the process seems to be running old 0x86 code via the translation layer. Is there a version with native ARM code available? Thank you in advance.
Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)
Posted: 23.01.2026 09:16
by Catherine
Hello, not yet, this is the only version available right now. There will be a native version, we're working on it, but it won't change anything (other than the fact Rosetta will no longer be required). It doesn't affect performance.