Retouching Helicon 8.3.11 "No Compatable Output" error - Registered Pro Liftime
Posted: 29.03.2026 00:58
Is there a limit on how many images you can have in a stack when you want to use the retouch form another output source?
I just did a 309 photo bracket shot, using the Laowa Aurogon 10x lens. it was a just section of a strawberry with a seed. I decided to save the pics as a TIFF since I did not want to take a long time to stack.
I rendered out Method B R3 S1 and then went right to Method C S1. I did not do anything else.
After the renders I choose Method C, and clicked retouching. I then went and clicked "Use another output as source" and it would not let me it kept saying "no compatible outputs" . luckily I stacked with TIFFs so it did not take long to try it over and over again, with no luck.
I then started to thin it out to see where the hang us was.
Stacked 100 no issues I was able to retouch with other outputs
Stacked 200 with no issues
stacked 250 and it would not let me use another output all it said was the following "No compatable outputs"
I then started to work my way down from 250 to see where I would not have an issue.
it looks like I can only retouch from other output sources if my stack is equal to or less than 249 images.
Is this correct, are we limited to the amount of images in a stack if we want to retouch from a output source?
Helicon 8.3.11 - Registered Pro Lifetime, Mac Max M2 Studio, a crap ton of ram, and drive space. so the computer is not the issue.
I have restated my system, rebooted. which I do not think it is the problem I think it is a software issues if you no not have a limit on the amount of images.
I just did a 309 photo bracket shot, using the Laowa Aurogon 10x lens. it was a just section of a strawberry with a seed. I decided to save the pics as a TIFF since I did not want to take a long time to stack.
I rendered out Method B R3 S1 and then went right to Method C S1. I did not do anything else.
After the renders I choose Method C, and clicked retouching. I then went and clicked "Use another output as source" and it would not let me it kept saying "no compatible outputs" . luckily I stacked with TIFFs so it did not take long to try it over and over again, with no luck.
I then started to thin it out to see where the hang us was.
Stacked 100 no issues I was able to retouch with other outputs
Stacked 200 with no issues
stacked 250 and it would not let me use another output all it said was the following "No compatable outputs"
I then started to work my way down from 250 to see where I would not have an issue.
it looks like I can only retouch from other output sources if my stack is equal to or less than 249 images.
Is this correct, are we limited to the amount of images in a stack if we want to retouch from a output source?
Helicon 8.3.11 - Registered Pro Lifetime, Mac Max M2 Studio, a crap ton of ram, and drive space. so the computer is not the issue.
I have restated my system, rebooted. which I do not think it is the problem I think it is a software issues if you no not have a limit on the amount of images.