Page 1 of 1

Helicon 9.0.4 crash issue

Posted: 12.08.2026 22:18
by gwieiting
Just reporting that I had a crash issue. I did a batch process and forgot to split the folder images. I deleted all the images via the settings cogwheel under the Source images window. I went and started the Batch process anew. After splitting the folder I removed the previously Heliconed image from the list via remove stack and the program crashed. Studio Mac M2 Max, 32GB, Tahoe 26.6.1

Re: Helicon 9.0.4 crash issue

Posted: 20.08.2026 23:45
by jaldri01
I am having the same issue as you. With it crashing when splitting stacks which I have not had in the last week or two but now I seem to have issues when I have over 200 images, any way I split them software crashes.

I have also now have ran into an issue that Helicon Remote for no reason that I can come up with is auto disconnecting from my camera. I mean I am not controlling my camera with it at all on my desktop, I use it to show the images and the progression of the DOF as the bracketing takes place for my videos. But now it just "losses connection" it could be within minutes or halfway through.

I have found a few other issues that I have listed on this forum that I guess they are looking into. I hope the get those fixed soon, but something tells me that with apple moving away from the intel based stuff maybe the software people are having some issues.

Hope they can sort it out. Good luck happy stacking.

Re: Helicon 9.0.4 crash issue

Posted: 21.08.2026 03:39
by Catherine
Sorry for the late reply. We're about to release the new version with many changes and fixes and I was just going to give you the link so you can check whether the problem is solved or not. But it's been a week and we're still about to release it, I don't know exactly when. As soon as our developer finish with the issues we found during testing.
jaldri01 wrote: 20.08.2026 23:45 with apple moving away from the intel based stuff maybe the software people are having some issues
This, of all the things, is not at all the problem. There is no problem per se, we just need a bit more time to sort everything out. And some internal parts of Helicon Focus have been reworked significantly since the current beta release.

Re: Helicon 9.0.4 crash issue

Posted: 29.08.2026 02:22
by Catherine
The new version 9.0.5 is released with many internal improvements and fixes. Please try it, let us know if the problem remains.