mixture of portrait and landscape images not 'working'
Posted: 02.10.2026 14:23
Hey folks,
I have an old stack of raw (CR2) images (circa 2023, Canon 600D), the first 18 are portrait, the next 23 are landscape - This does not normally cause an issue - it usually just gets the orientation right (presumably because auto align?).
However, the resulting stact is attempting to combine the landscape and portrait images without rotation... It's ... interesting, but I have to ask... Is it Art...?
I shoot vertically with a wemacro rail. I can use DPP to re-orient the images but it doesn't seem to 'take' on either windows file explorer or on import - still keeps the original orientation, still fails to align as expected.
HF v 8.3.11
Windows 11
DPP 4.21.30.0
I'm going to fiddle some more with windows settings, or work around the issue. It's only one stack at this point.
If a solution shows up here, I'll be delighted, but mostly I figure you'd want to know. It might be useful to have a manual re-orientation menu item to solve this problem without having to worry _where_ it is being created...
I have an old stack of raw (CR2) images (circa 2023, Canon 600D), the first 18 are portrait, the next 23 are landscape - This does not normally cause an issue - it usually just gets the orientation right (presumably because auto align?).
However, the resulting stact is attempting to combine the landscape and portrait images without rotation... It's ... interesting, but I have to ask... Is it Art...?
I shoot vertically with a wemacro rail. I can use DPP to re-orient the images but it doesn't seem to 'take' on either windows file explorer or on import - still keeps the original orientation, still fails to align as expected.
HF v 8.3.11
Windows 11
DPP 4.21.30.0
I'm going to fiddle some more with windows settings, or work around the issue. It's only one stack at this point.
If a solution shows up here, I'll be delighted, but mostly I figure you'd want to know. It might be useful to have a manual re-orientation menu item to solve this problem without having to worry _where_ it is being created...