Cognisys and Stackshot 3X
Posted: 02.10.2026 15:50
Hi.
What could be the problem? I can't get the rail to move—neither forward nor backward—using the Helicon Remote software. The live view image appears, the camera fires, and everything else seems to be working normally. The only issue is that I cannot get the StackShot rail to move via the software.
However, when I operate it using just the StackShot 3X controller itself, it moves normally.
Cables connected:
1. Computer – Canon 6D and
2. Computer – StackShot 3X.
Helicon Remote 4.5.9 W
Windows 11 26H2
StackShot 3X
What could be the problem? I can't get the rail to move—neither forward nor backward—using the Helicon Remote software. The live view image appears, the camera fires, and everything else seems to be working normally. The only issue is that I cannot get the StackShot rail to move via the software.
However, when I operate it using just the StackShot 3X controller itself, it moves normally.
Cables connected:
1. Computer – Canon 6D and
2. Computer – StackShot 3X.
Helicon Remote 4.5.9 W
Windows 11 26H2
StackShot 3X