Beginners questions
Posted: 04.11.2008 00:25
Hi!
I am trying out Helicon Focus and have some questions: (I am referring to the Mac version. And I hope to use your app for landscape, not microscopy).
1-Prefs, Resample method:
Please could you state what System Default is, and what none-low-high mean in technical terms, as you do in the Windows version, as I can see on the screenshot in the Help. (Nearest neighbour -bicubic-...)
2-Options > Auto-adjustments:
I don't understand these. Are these input values? In other words: Do they mean: 2 images may differ max. x% in e.g. vertical alignment, otherwise they will be discarded from the process? How am I to know which max value I should choose? (I use a tripod.)
3-Options > Auto-adjustments > Brightness:
What does it mean that brightness is "normalized"? Adjusted to a value which averages the brightness of the images in a stack? How is the average defined?
3a- What will happen, if I deselect this option, and the images in the stack show uneven brightness, i.e. the light has shifted between shots?
4-In your description of the difference between the lite and the pro version, you promise more advanced features in the future for the latter. May I suggest 2, and ask if/when there is a chance to exspect them?
The first is anti-ghosting, of which I am almost dependent. It will limit the usability of the program severely, if I can only shoot if there is absolutely no wind, so that no leaf of grass moves at all.
And DNG output would be a good thing. (I am happy to see that the program can take un-demosaiced DNGs as input!)
Kind regards - Hening Bettermann.
I am trying out Helicon Focus and have some questions: (I am referring to the Mac version. And I hope to use your app for landscape, not microscopy).
1-Prefs, Resample method:
Please could you state what System Default is, and what none-low-high mean in technical terms, as you do in the Windows version, as I can see on the screenshot in the Help. (Nearest neighbour -bicubic-...)
2-Options > Auto-adjustments:
I don't understand these. Are these input values? In other words: Do they mean: 2 images may differ max. x% in e.g. vertical alignment, otherwise they will be discarded from the process? How am I to know which max value I should choose? (I use a tripod.)
3-Options > Auto-adjustments > Brightness:
What does it mean that brightness is "normalized"? Adjusted to a value which averages the brightness of the images in a stack? How is the average defined?
3a- What will happen, if I deselect this option, and the images in the stack show uneven brightness, i.e. the light has shifted between shots?
4-In your description of the difference between the lite and the pro version, you promise more advanced features in the future for the latter. May I suggest 2, and ask if/when there is a chance to exspect them?
The first is anti-ghosting, of which I am almost dependent. It will limit the usability of the program severely, if I can only shoot if there is absolutely no wind, so that no leaf of grass moves at all.
And DNG output would be a good thing. (I am happy to see that the program can take un-demosaiced DNGs as input!)
Kind regards - Hening Bettermann.