Focusing on multiple slices
Posted: 19.03.2009 23:16
I have read many of the posts regarding focusing using the lens focus ring. However, none addresses my issue which is:
I have a Nikon D40X DSLR and am using an 18-135 mm zoom lens in manual mode to focus manually. I can focus on, say, the nearest part of the subject using the focus ring and one of the 3 focus areas in my eyepiece viewer. When I am in focus, the green light comes on. However, when I want to move to a distant (slice) behind the shot I just took, turning the focus ring blurs everything and nothing will come into focus, and the green light does not come on. I spoke to Nikon technical support, and they said I am focusing properly.
What am I doing wrong? How is this handled using other cameras, e.g., Canon?
Thanks
I have a Nikon D40X DSLR and am using an 18-135 mm zoom lens in manual mode to focus manually. I can focus on, say, the nearest part of the subject using the focus ring and one of the 3 focus areas in my eyepiece viewer. When I am in focus, the green light comes on. However, when I want to move to a distant (slice) behind the shot I just took, turning the focus ring blurs everything and nothing will come into focus, and the green light does not come on. I spoke to Nikon technical support, and they said I am focusing properly.
What am I doing wrong? How is this handled using other cameras, e.g., Canon?
Thanks