Saving individual aligned frames
Posted: 10.07.2009 03:08
I have recently compared Helicon Focus 4.80, CombineZP, and Photo
Acute. On some examples, such as the attached result, Helicon Focus
clearly produces the sharpest output. But unlike CombineZP and Photo
Acute, Helicon Focus seems to provide no way to save all the individual
frames after they have been aligned. I am aware that Helicon Focus
contains some simple retouching tools, but it is obviously no match for
Photoshop in this regard. And since I prefer to photograph live creatures,
there are usually moving legs or, especially, wiggling antennae to deal
with, as in the attachment, which is a rather mild case. These body parts
often have to be moved and rotated in order to line up properly.
I am reluctant to pay money for Helicon Focus until it can save all the
individual aligned frames in a convenient way.
Acute. On some examples, such as the attached result, Helicon Focus
clearly produces the sharpest output. But unlike CombineZP and Photo
Acute, Helicon Focus seems to provide no way to save all the individual
frames after they have been aligned. I am aware that Helicon Focus
contains some simple retouching tools, but it is obviously no match for
Photoshop in this regard. And since I prefer to photograph live creatures,
there are usually moving legs or, especially, wiggling antennae to deal
with, as in the attachment, which is a rather mild case. These body parts
often have to be moved and rotated in order to line up properly.
I am reluctant to pay money for Helicon Focus until it can save all the
individual aligned frames in a convenient way.