Post stacking image editing

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
fdennis

Post stacking image editing

Post by fdennis »

I have an Elements 7 program with Nik Viveza and Sharpener Pro plug ins. (Using Nikon D300 w/ 105mm micro lense) I'm thinking of buying Helicon Focus. I want to be able to focus stack with helicon Focus, create a focussed image, then edit that image to adjust white balance, color, etc. How can I do this? Can I focus stack, put focussed image on a disc, then import the disc to Photoshop Elements, or something else? Thanks for your quick reply, Dennis
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Post stacking image editing

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Dennis,

yes, this is correct workflow. First stack, then post process the result.
fdennis

Post by fdennis »

Thanks for your reply. My next question is, how do I utilize my Photoshop Elements 7 program to post process the Helicon Focus final image? It seems to me, from what I have read, that the only way to get my Helicon Focus final image to into my Photoshop Elements program to do the post processing is by publishing it to a CD, then using the CD to import the Helicon Focus final image to Photoshop. Is that correct? Is there an easier way? Can I import the Helicon Focus final image directly to Photoshop Elements? Thanks. Dennis
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, right now you need to save file on your hard drive from Helicon Focus and then open it with some other program like PSE7. We will add your suggestion to our wish list.
photoop

Post by photoop »

I recently purchased Helicon Focus. Please direct me to documentation that shows how to use the software.
Thanks.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You will find description of the workflow in the help that comes with the program or online (http://www.heliconsoft.com/focus_help.html and http://www.heliconsoft.com/focus_articles.html).