Page 1 of 1
iPhone
Posted: 14.02.2010 18:19
by Hening
Hi!
Unfortunately, I can not carry a laptop in the field. But if you could make this run from an iPhone, this would be a dream come true!
Best regards - Hening.
Re: iPhone
Posted: 15.02.2010 16:20
by Stas Yatsenko
Hening,
Please have a look at our updated Helicon Focus page. There is a link to StackShot device, I think this is what you are looking for.
Re: iPhone
Posted: 16.02.2010 00:09
by Hening
Hi Stas, thank you for your fast reply.
No the StackShot is not what I am looking for. It requires carrying additional hardware, it looks like the focussing rail has its own built in motor. BTW, the link to Cognisys, Inc is broken (Forbidden and 404).
What I thought of was connecting the iPhone to the camera via USB. An app running on the iPhone could control the focusing motor of the lens and the shutter speed. (It would have to bypass the AF and AE though.) If I understood it right, this is what the laptop software does.
Kind regards - Hening Bettermann.
Re: iPhone
Posted: 17.02.2010 12:30
by Stas Yatsenko
Hening,
As far as we know, Canon and Nikon SDK which we use for camera control do not work on iPhone. They support only Windows and Mac. Look at this product:
http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38
It also requires a laptop somewere nearby to control the camera.