Page 1 of 1

Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 16.11.2010 17:17
by Herman Rodriguez
Stas:

I just downloaded your software and am anxious to use it but I don't see any instructions for use. Are they available and if so where?

Regards,

Herman

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 17.11.2010 09:34
by pfw
Just downloaded the beta. Here is my two cents,

1. Software response seems a bit slow.
2. Flash will go off only when I turn off live view mode and use the "Take Picture" button and won't with "Start Shooting" button.

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 17.11.2010 10:59
by Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 17.11.2010 11:09
by Stas Yatsenko
pfw wrote:Just downloaded the beta. Here is my two cents,

1. Software response seems a bit slow.
2. Flash will go off only when I turn off live view mode and use the "Take Picture" button and won't with "Start Shooting" button.
What camera and flash are you using?

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 18.11.2010 04:46
by pakfungwong
Sorry. I should have mentioned it on the post. I am using Canon 5D mark II with Broncolor power pack.

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 18.11.2010 16:04
by Stas Yatsenko
I suggest you to set "Disable live view during shooting" option in the Preferences\Canon.

As far as I remember, non-Canon flashes do not work if live view is active.

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 21.11.2010 07:46
by pakfungwong
That was the first thing I did, disable the live preview mode in preference but the flash unit still won't go off when I hit "start shooting"

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 23.11.2010 12:18
by Stas Yatsenko
We reproduced the bug with the non-Canon flash. The option to disable live view during shooting is not functioning, that is why the flash is not working. This will be fixed within two days.

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 26.12.2010 03:58
by pakfungwong
Hi, happy holidays. Just checking to see if there's any new updates on Helicon Remote for Mac?

Re: Helicon Remote Mac Beta testing

Posted: 26.12.2010 16:08
by Stas Yatsenko
You are welcome to try beta version 2.0.

Here is the link:
http://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemote.dmg