error codes

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
hondoguy2

error codes

Post by hondoguy2 »

What does this error code mean when I run a stack: "Cannot load source image" All the source images were processed at the same time in Lightroom. They are 120 MB 16-bit TIFFS.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: error codes

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Most probably it means that program has not enough memory to load the image. Normally such size should not be a probelm. Please give us more details about your OS and RAM installed.
hondoguy2

Post by hondoguy2 »

Okay, it's been six weeks since you replied to my original question and I'm just now getting back to you. The exact error message is: "Source image error." I'm running a stack of 16-bit tiffs, 120 mb each.

Hardware is Asus G73J w/ i7 processor, 8 GB RAM; Windows 7 Home(64 bit); Helicon Focus 5.1 x64
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We were not able to reproduce the problem. We tested the program with 70Mpixel at 16 bit images ( 420 Mb tiffs) and everything is fine. Can you upload one or two of your files (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html)? Another reason that can cause such a message is the date inside of the file. If the file is dated in the future, the program will not open it.
ErikS

Post by ErikS »

I encounter the same error probably 3 of 5 times I run Helicon. It is not a memory issue as I am running and i7 with 12 GB RAM. My workaround is closing and relaunching both Helicon and Lightroom several times in order for the images in the stack to load. This was also reproduced on my laptop (i3 with 6GB RAM) I have also tried clearing the cache which doesn't help either. Some resolution to this issue would be hugely appreciated.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please contact us via email support@heliconsoft.com and we will send you a newer module that should help with this bug.