how to connect usb camera DCM510 to helicon focus or remote

Optical microscopes + digital photography
wismut@web.de

how to connect usb camera DCM510 to helicon focus or remote

Post by wismut@web.de »

Is there a possibility to connect the usb camera DCM510 directly to helicon focus or remote ?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: how to connect usb camera DCM510 to helicon focus or rem

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There is no way to connect usb camera to Helicon Remote right now. But we are thinking about adding support for it. As you know, Helicon Remote can control external stepper motor which can be coupled with microscope. The hardware (motor+mechanics) costs about $400-$500. I would appreciate if you give us your estimate if you and other users like are interested in such a solution? We need to understand if it is worth investing time in such a develoment.
Traceologue

Post by Traceologue »

Since I have purchased a StackShot macro rails, I shall first try to adapt its small Trinamic motor to my Olympus BH2 microscope, but now I am waiting for an exchange of my controler for the new USB one (they shipped me the old one a week before announcing the new one :? ...). I use the following cameras on the microscope : Nikon D200, D80, Canon 1000D, 550D.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Nikon D80 and D200 has no Live View and cannot be controlled remotely. But both your Canons should work correctly and you can check it right away. Please keep in mind, that you can use stadalone stepper motor with Helicon Remote, no need to disasseble StackShot to use the motor only.
Claude BREZISKY

Post by Claude BREZISKY »

Hello,
I am also interested by the capture software directly into the cameras for Helicon Scopeteck DCM510 and DCM310 microscopy, the compilation of 10 to 50 photos for diatoms and tardigrades is normally sufficient.
The drivers are available directly from Scopetek.
Best regards
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the tip. Our primary goal is support of digital cameras because we can control its focusing functionality. I thought there is quite a number of software packages to automate image aquisition from a miroscope. I've recently read about a free one based on ImageJ framework. Why do you like to prefer having this in Helicon Remote?
Claude BREZISKY

Post by Claude BREZISKY »

Bonjour,
Pourriez vous inclure un logiciel d'extraction d'image à partir d'un film AVI par exemple dans Helicon focus si c'est plus simple pour vous que commander directement une camera specifique. En microscopie un film de 5 à 30 secondes est suffisant pour reconstituer le volume de l'objet observé.
Cordialement

Good morning,
Can you include a software of extraction of picture from a film AVI for instance in Helicon focus if it is simpler for you whom to order directly a specifique camera. In microscopy a film from 5 till 30 seconds is sufficient to reconstruct the volume of the noticed object.
Best regards
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Theoretically this is possible though we have not implemented movie support yet. This is a good idea for the next version of Helicon Focus.