Page 1 of 1

5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 15.01.2011 20:39
by stuartw
Just did the upgrade to Helicon Focus 5.1.25 and now Helicon Remote won't start. No idea which version of Remote it is as I can't start the program. Previous version of remote was pretty poor but I have refrained from commenting as I think it was a beta version. OS is Windows XP Pro, camera is Nikon D7000. Having paid good money for this software, I think you guys really need to get your act together.

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 16.01.2011 13:34
by Stas Yatsenko
Please send us ([email protected]) Helicon Remote logs (see menu\Preferences\Tools)

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 16.01.2011 20:40
by stuartw
I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong but there's no such place as "(see menu\Preferences\Tools)" in Helicon Focus...if you're referring to Helicon Remote, then I refer you to my previous post...I can't start Helicon Remote, it shuts down straight away, therefore I can't access it.

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 17.01.2011 10:41
by Stas Yatsenko
Sorry, please send us ([email protected]) HeliconRemote.log from C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Helicon\Common

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 17.01.2011 19:31
by stuartw
Ok....sent.

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 19.01.2011 06:26
by stuartw
Hello Stas, I installed the 5.1.26 update as per your email but no change, Helicon Remote still crashes on start up.

Re: 5.1.25 update crashes Helicon remote

Posted: 20.01.2011 11:08
by Stas Yatsenko
Several users reported us that Helicon Remote works fine with D7000 so we are close to make it work. As I understand, the program crashes when the camera is connected to the computer. It would help us to identify the problem if you disconnect the camera, run Helicon Remote, to to Preferences\Tools\ and send log file of the previous session.