Page 1 of 2

D7000 software

Posted: 28.02.2011 07:47
by moshiaph
Helicon Remote shows the D7000 , but only the focus work and not very good.
No control on other camera settings like f-stop on iso value.
Is there a update on this ?

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 01.03.2011 11:05
by Stas Yatsenko
Please send us ([email protected]) log file (menu\Help\Report a bug), we will try to understand why this happens.

Are you able to control camera with Nikon Remote software?

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 01.03.2011 14:08
by florian
Hi,

I use the D7000 and it works some times and some times not:
I use it with the following setting: D7000 firmware A1.01 B1.01 L 1.002, AF-S mikro Nikkor 105 mm, MacBool Pro, HeliconRemote 2.0.14

I found that:

# remote must be started first, than connecting the camera will initialize the camera, after closing the life view mode (manually or by the camera) remote will not recognize the camera any more, and you have to close remote and start again
# Autofocus must be set on (both camera and lens)
# Exposure must be set on manual
# Camera must be set on single picture
# all controls are working fine

# starting pictures some times works fine, and all proposed pictures are running through, sometimes only one picture is made, sometimes more. I did not find any rule for that.

I hope that helps

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 01.03.2011 22:53
by Moshiaph
I can only ajust the focus from the Remote program side.
No other camera settings can be ajusted from the program side.
Taking more than 9 fotos and the program freezes up in auto mode( out of 13 it would take 4 pictures and the just stop) and do not go over to the focus program bloc asking if I woant to open the focus program, Manualy I can take as many fotos as I want on then open in focus program. Less than 9 fotos work 100%
Yours,
Jan

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 02.03.2011 13:29
by Stas Yatsenko
Please unzip this new version of Helicon Remote into Helicon Focus folder:
http://downloads.heliconfilter.com/Heli ... 2.2011.zip

We are going to publish it on our site in a few days. I would appreciate if you test it and give us your comments.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 03.03.2011 07:41
by moshiaph
I have just tested the new 2011.2.15 version, much better, user friendly ,better focus control,overall better.
Program did freez-up on picture 4 out of 14 -restarted Windows and then it was working normal again.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 03.03.2011 20:11
by florian
Hi

I tested on MAC, but remote freezes with initializing CCHL Progress indicator. No way to take any picture;

http://gallery.me.com/flobertzbach#1003 ... lack&sel=0

Also D3, remote shows initializing Nikon camera and than shows no camera detected
I have sent the bug reports by mail

So no way to test on MAC

Flo

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 04.03.2011 12:31
by Stas Yatsenko
moshiaph wrote:I have just tested the new 2011.2.15 version, much better, user friendly ,better focus control,overall better.
Program did freez-up on picture 4 out of 14 -restarted Windows and then it was working normal again.
Thanks! Please send us bug report (menu\Help\Report a bug) if freez-up or other problem happens again.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 04.03.2011 12:32
by Stas Yatsenko
florian wrote:Hi

I tested on MAC, but remote freezes with initializing CCHL Progress indicator. No way to take any picture;

http://gallery.me.com/flobertzbach#1003 ... lack&sel=0

Also D3, remote shows initializing Nikon camera and than shows no camera detected
I have sent the bug reports by mail

So no way to test on MAC

Flo
Thanks! We will send you a newer version when we locate this problem.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 05.03.2011 18:13
by florian
Hi Stas :D

This version is working perfect!

I made several tests, and all have been perfect, also the rendering in hf-pro, nearly no retouching was necessary.

So until here, for the D7000 really nice, good work thank you!

Very intuitive the locking symbol for nearest and most furthest point!



Well on my wishlist:

If the D7000 stops the life-view you have to quit remote and start again. A possibility to reconnect would be nice, if possible!

When hf-pro is already running and loaded with pictures, and your answer is yes in remote to see the new series of pictures in hf-pro, you have to quit hf-pro first, and than answer with yes, otherwise hf-pro indicates that a second running is not possible and quits.

So a warning for this situation would be helpful.

So if you want me to test special situations, just send me E-mail and I try to test it.

Flo

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 07.03.2011 11:22
by Stas Yatsenko
Florian,

Please make this trick with turning live view on and off and report us a bug with a log. Your others comments are added to our to-do list. Thanks for testing and commenting.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 07.03.2011 18:15
by florian
Hi Stas,

thats working fine:

If the D7000 stops life view, just hit the button, and the D7000 starts again.

Nice!

Flo

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 09.03.2011 12:54
by Stas Yatsenko
Great, we made some changes and it looks like it helped.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 06.06.2011 23:05
by JoJu
Sorry, I just don't get it - my D7000 is NOT working. I can put the Autofocus off or on, I just can't make the focus moving. Having firmware A 1.02, B 1.02 1.002 I can click on each on the arrows, nothing happens. Otherwise I do have the same setting as Florian.

Re: D7000 software

Posted: 08.06.2011 11:47
by Stas Yatsenko
We requested a bug report from you by email. Please check your mail.