Page 1 of 1

2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air (nor 2.0.15.m)

Posted: 02.03.2011 09:09
by coldfire22x
I'm experiencing the problem where HeliconRemote crashes as soon as I connect my camera. I've already sent the debug info several times, just wanted to see if anyone else is still experiencing this. Firmware on the 500D is at the latest, 1.1.0. Cheers! :?

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air

Posted: 02.03.2011 13:25
by Stas Yatsenko
Please try this new version. We are going to publish it on our site in a few days. I would appreciate if you test it and give us your comments.
http://downloads.heliconfilter.com/Heli ... 281521.dmg

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air

Posted: 03.03.2011 10:27
by coldfire22x
It is still crashing. It spends some time on "Initializing Canon camera," then gives me the evaluation notice, flips up the mirror on the camera, and then crashes. If the camera sends any image data to the software, it's too brief for me to see it in HeliconRemote.

I thought maybe having Canon's EOS Utility automatically start when I connected the camera, so I set the default application to 'No Application' in Image Capture and am still experiencing the same thing. EOS Utility continues to work fine with Live Shooting.

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air

Posted: 04.03.2011 12:36
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks for testing. Please send us bug report after restrating the program after crash (menu\help\Report a bug). That would help us to locate the problem. I would also tested the program in different exposure modes (especially Manual).

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air

Posted: 05.03.2011 21:50
by coldfire22x
HeliconRemote continues to crash for me using each of Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Program modes with AutoFocus both on and off (for 8 tests total). Tested using the following procedure:

Canon 500D via USB to MacBook Air 13" using HeliconRemote 2.0.15.m

1. Launched HeliconRemote 2.0.15.m
2. Attached camera to laptop
3. Saw "Initializing Canon camera" dialog and the progress slider went to completion
4. Saw "The Program is in evaluation mode. You need to have a valid Pro or X64 license of Helicon Focus to take images in full resolution," dialog, clicked 'OK'
5. Heard mirror flip up, program crashed

Sent in bug reports for each of the 8 test cases.

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air (nor 2.0.1

Posted: 07.03.2011 11:32
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks! Give us some time to check this. Mirror flip means that Live view was enabled and after this program crashes...

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air (nor 2.0.1

Posted: 09.03.2011 01:39
by coldfire22x
Sent in the bug report from the 2.0.15.m debug build ..

Re: 2.0.14.m not working with 500D on MacBook Air (nor 2.0.1

Posted: 09.03.2011 12:40
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks!