Page 1 of 1

Fringing

Posted: 01.06.2006 17:40
by Irwin
Sometimes I get a ring of color around an object. What can I do to avoid this fringing.

On a totally unrelated use of the word fringing, I am posting an example of nature fringing with some of its most delicate brocade on this tiny jade plant relative.

Posted: 02.06.2006 10:06
by Dan Kozub
Irwin,

First of all, a nice shot!

Fringing: I think you mean well known problem, halo around edges over smooth background.

We are now preparing new version of Helicon Focus (Pro edition) which will have retouching function to easily fix those artifacts. I was not able to made this automatically, sorry.

Danylo.

Fringing

Posted: 02.06.2006 22:43
by Irwin
Thanks Danylo. I can't tell you how much I appreciate and use your software. I look forward to the revision.

Irwin :D

Fringing/Artifacts

Posted: 25.06.2007 23:10
by John Johansson
When will this be released for Mac users?
Dan Kozub wrote:Irwin,
We are now preparing new version of Helicon Focus (Pro edition) which will have retouching function to easily fix those artifacts. I was not able to made this automatically, sorry.

Danylo.
I'm having big problems with this also. Especially white subjects with a large number of slices.