Page 1 of 1
batch processing using queue
Posted: 06.05.2011 15:45
by hondoguy
The batch processing capability is a godsend in terms of automating the process of doing multiple stacks. While I love it the way it is, it could be even better if you could click on all the files you want to put in the queue at once, rather than having to do it one at a time. Don't know if this is possible but if so it would really make the process quick.
Keep up the good work,guys!
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 10.05.2011 12:43
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks! We added possibility to add all folder recusiverly in the queue in the version that will be published in the coming weeks.
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 03.07.2011 16:20
by hondoguy
Stas,
Just wondering. You guys have released three updates since I asked for this feature but it hasn't been included in any of them. (At least it's not working for me) Are you still going to do it?
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 05.07.2011 11:47
by Stas Yatsenko
We added possibility to add folder and all its subfolders to queue and then process all stack in batch mode. Please describe in details what you'd want. As I understand, you want to select 100 files in one folder and the program should interpret them as 10 stacks, 10 files in each stack? Something like this?
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 05.07.2011 12:14
by zpyder
An ability to add sub-folder sub-folders would be good.
For example some of the things I am photographing are too big to get in one frame, so I have to take several stacks, and stitch the end result together. I like to keep those stacks in seperate sub-folders, within a single parent. Other things don't need separate stacks however. I'd like to just select the "to do" folder, which would then add to the queue each folder and the contents of any sub folders as separate stacks?
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 05.07.2011 15:14
by hondoguy
Example: I have a parent folder with six subfolders (I am shooting multiple frames of one object like Spyder is doing). If I click on the parent folder in "files" and then click on "parameters", the program tells me "You should select source images." I have to open parent folder to expose the six subfolders in the "files" directory, then select each file one at a time. I'm saying it would be nice if I could select all six subfolders at once, then select the 'parameters" tab and add them to the cue. It becomes really tedious if there are 15 folders to process.
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 06.07.2011 12:03
by Stas Yatsenko
I think we implement it like you want. Go to menu\Queue and select "Add folder " or "Add folder with subfolders" commands.
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 06.07.2011 15:29
by hondoguy
Or the ability to use "Click, shift-click" to select a group of folders or "Control click, click, click..." In my case, if I include the parent folder (which doesn't have any loose files in it, only folders) I'll get the message "You should select source folders".
Re: batch processing using queue
Posted: 08.07.2011 12:26
by Stas Yatsenko
Ok, we will check this.