Dandelion Macro, halos, can I do anything?

The place to post and discuss images. And the ways to postprocess them.
Matt Rasmussen

Dandelion Macro, halos, can I do anything?

Post by Matt Rasmussen »

First time I've messed with the program, it's pretty sweet so far! Is there anything to get rid of the halos around some of the object, mostly the thicker straight lines of the seeds? I tried Method B with several different Radius and Smoothing settings, and also some of the depth smoothness and cubic settings in preferences and it just could not do the blending very well (waited like 1.5 hours on one and it looked worse...lol), even though they were in order from front to back, lots o smearing in the fine details. I used Method A for this and it looks the best and the settings were radius 3 smoothing 5, is there something I could do in post processing...I decided to not mess with that yet. Thanks!

Maybe I'm simply asking too much with those really small details like that, oh, and it's a 43 image stack.
Attachments
Dandelion Test.jpg
Dandelion Test.jpg (114.29 KiB) Viewed 8804 times
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Dandelion Macro, halos, can I do anything?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

This is difficult case because many intersections. We will send you a beta version of new version of Helicon Focus which will work faster and has some enhancement for such cases. I would recommend to use smaller radius with new version. I would also appreciate if you upload this stack to our server so we can use it for our internal tests (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html)
Matt Rasmussen

Post by Matt Rasmussen »

Thanks you can send the link for the beta to mjrtoobills AT gmail DOT com I'm in the process of uploading the photos, gonna take a while.
Matt Rasmussen

Post by Matt Rasmussen »

Thanks Stas, I'll be giving it a try on the same stack as this one. I'll upload the RAW files from work tomorrow, it just takes waaay to long from my home connection.

Having lots of fun with the software, thanks!