Canon 7D + Helicon Remote = Flaky?
Posted: 30.07.2011 06:40
I've just downloaded Helicon Focus/Remote and tried to use Remote at a photography gig today with mixed results. I ran the software last night at home and everything was eventually okay once I'd figured it out... it's not particularly intuitive. (I work in IT sales and build my own PC's; I don't consider myself particularly stupid, but YMMV.)
I was running it on a notebook today and although the camera was detected, and I was able to set the near and far distances, the software would NOT take any photos. After a couple of very frustrated attempts I gave up, disconnected the notebook, dug into my camera bag, grabbed my cable release and shot the Stack manually.
Once I got home I tried again on the notebook, and wouldn't you know it, the software ran just fine! For the life of me I can't figure out what I did differently on each occasion, is the software buggy with the 7D or something?
Also, what does the "Auto Focus" button do? I can't find any reference to it on the Help page.
Thanking you in advance
Paul
I was running it on a notebook today and although the camera was detected, and I was able to set the near and far distances, the software would NOT take any photos. After a couple of very frustrated attempts I gave up, disconnected the notebook, dug into my camera bag, grabbed my cable release and shot the Stack manually.
Once I got home I tried again on the notebook, and wouldn't you know it, the software ran just fine! For the life of me I can't figure out what I did differently on each occasion, is the software buggy with the 7D or something?
Also, what does the "Auto Focus" button do? I can't find any reference to it on the Help page.
Thanking you in advance
Paul