Feature requests
Posted: 03.02.2012 05:34
Hello,
I have a few feature requests for Helicon Remote that hopefully would be fairly easy to implement.
-Highlight/Shadow exposure warning overlays on the quick preview. Especially useful would be editable thresholds for the overlay. Also, If it would be possible to mouseover the quick preview and get RGB values for various points in the image that would be very helpful. I shoot with strobes, so the quick preview is my only way of assessing the look of the final image without opening up an external program.
-More control of file and folder naming and file saving locations. I feel like this feature was present in an earlier version of HR, but I can't seem to locate it anymore. even simple tweaks like using hyphens instead of periods in the date structure, and putting new stacks in a subfolder inside the parent date folder, instead of each one creating a new parallel folder in the main directory. And if I could give the images from a stack a custom name (to correspond with product SKUs, for example) that would be very helpful. something like "GL1537_001.cr2"
-And this is a feature that I have never seen in a capture software, but it seems easy enough to do: separate white balance setting between the live view preview and the final image. For shooters like myself who shoot with studio strobes, we often use the halogen modelling lights during composition and the flash during exposure. As a result, all of our previewing is done with an orange color cast. (I think auto WB setting might solve this, but when multiple images are being assembled, it is preferable to use a reliable custom WB setting instead of auto).
It would also be helpful to be able to view the quick preview at 100% as well as use an eydropper there for custom WB, but I think I have seen these features requested elsewhere.
Thank you for an awesome piece of software!
Russ Heller
I have a few feature requests for Helicon Remote that hopefully would be fairly easy to implement.
-Highlight/Shadow exposure warning overlays on the quick preview. Especially useful would be editable thresholds for the overlay. Also, If it would be possible to mouseover the quick preview and get RGB values for various points in the image that would be very helpful. I shoot with strobes, so the quick preview is my only way of assessing the look of the final image without opening up an external program.
-More control of file and folder naming and file saving locations. I feel like this feature was present in an earlier version of HR, but I can't seem to locate it anymore. even simple tweaks like using hyphens instead of periods in the date structure, and putting new stacks in a subfolder inside the parent date folder, instead of each one creating a new parallel folder in the main directory. And if I could give the images from a stack a custom name (to correspond with product SKUs, for example) that would be very helpful. something like "GL1537_001.cr2"
-And this is a feature that I have never seen in a capture software, but it seems easy enough to do: separate white balance setting between the live view preview and the final image. For shooters like myself who shoot with studio strobes, we often use the halogen modelling lights during composition and the flash during exposure. As a result, all of our previewing is done with an orange color cast. (I think auto WB setting might solve this, but when multiple images are being assembled, it is preferable to use a reliable custom WB setting instead of auto).
It would also be helpful to be able to view the quick preview at 100% as well as use an eydropper there for custom WB, but I think I have seen these features requested elsewhere.
Thank you for an awesome piece of software!
Russ Heller