HDR and Helicon
Posted: 10.05.2012 18:57
I shoot mostly landscape with my Canon 5D Mark II. I use Photomatrix 4.1 to merge the bracketed photos (Windows 7 - 64 bit operating system). I'm able to get incredibly sharp images and depth of field with Helicon (thank you!). However, I can't seem to use both techniques together. If I merge 3 photos and different exposure together and then try to combine that merged photo with other merged photos having different focal points the Helicon software doesn't seem to respond. Am I doing something incorrectly - can Helicon Focus and HDR be used together?
I think I've read that Helicon Remote will work with the Canon 5D Mark II because the camera has live view. I really haven't shot tethered since I'm outdoors in the weather elements. However, if I use Helicon Remote with the camea tethered to a PC will that allow me to use the focusing software and HDR in combination.
Last question - I sometimes see the lines where the original images have been stitched to together. Usually it's minor but it becomes an issue when I blow the image up to 1:1 resolution or bigger when I print the images as very large photographs (24x36 etc.). Is there a way to minimize this such as shooting more original images to be stitched together? Or, is there a post processing solution such as using Photoshop and a cloning tool to smooth over the stitch marks? What do you recommend?
Thank you for a great product! I'm telling all my fellow photographer friends about this fantastic software.
I think I've read that Helicon Remote will work with the Canon 5D Mark II because the camera has live view. I really haven't shot tethered since I'm outdoors in the weather elements. However, if I use Helicon Remote with the camea tethered to a PC will that allow me to use the focusing software and HDR in combination.
Last question - I sometimes see the lines where the original images have been stitched to together. Usually it's minor but it becomes an issue when I blow the image up to 1:1 resolution or bigger when I print the images as very large photographs (24x36 etc.). Is there a way to minimize this such as shooting more original images to be stitched together? Or, is there a post processing solution such as using Photoshop and a cloning tool to smooth over the stitch marks? What do you recommend?
Thank you for a great product! I'm telling all my fellow photographer friends about this fantastic software.